Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Alcohol and Anti-Depressants(Celexa) - Is it ok to enjoy a few drinks?

Well I am currently taking 40mg's of Celexa, for my anxiety. Now I am going upstate next month, to snowboard and relax. I am going beside my friends and I know they are gonna bring some brewskies, and I really want to have a few and chill out. But I am worried almost the reaction between the beer and my meds. And I bring my medication at night, not contained by the morning. So I am wondering if it is ok to get a nice little buzz, of a short time ago maybe 1 beer and that it. Thanks guys! Feel free to ask any extra question, incase I missed something. http://health.yahoo.com/depression-medic...
Under What Should I Avoid While Taking Celexa:
"Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while taking citalopram or affect your condition."
I instinctively have have drinks on Celexa (Citalopram) and it didn't bother me. Just keep contained by mind that alcohol is by nature a depressant and you are taking an anti-depressant, so in attendance is an interaction. You know your mood ,mental condition, and body better than anyone, so just be repsonsible if you do. Enjoy the trip.
I don,t thieve the same type of medication as you however I would NOT have more than one or two. sometimes the alcohol speeds up the medication and it can sort you do things you normally wouldn't.When I enjoy had a few next to my medication I seem to achieve "buzzed" faster so please be careful but hold a good time it really sounds approaching fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment