Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"i be wondering why the medicare wont earnings for a scooter to travel around outside i use my wheelchair within the h

Medicare provides equipment that has be deemed medically called for for use within the home. It is considered a 'convenience item' if the equipment is primarily used outdoors.
In olden times, Medicare made it very complex to qualify for a power scooter but easier to qualify for a power wheelchair. Regulations have changed lately making scooters a little easier to find.
Just like any other medical device, you obligation to start the process with a trip to your Dr. to get hold of a prescription for a power scooter or power wheelchair. Take that script to a local mobility provider. Your Dr. may be able to recommend one if you do not already own a relationship with a provider.
Remember, newly because you have a prescription does not guarantee that you will be given a scooter. There is a process that take place that may include an out of pocket co-pay fee. The commercials that promise free scooters are enticing those to call contained by to learn almost the 'fine print'.
Choose a local provider so that you are guaranteed quick access to service when needed.
Maybe you own to apply again. I've heard it said that they other deny on the first application. There are three people near scooters near my house and I know that 2 of them are on title 19. I don't know if that make a difference or not. The whole system get confusing to me, but I hope this bit of info. helps & I desire you the best. Also, there is a commercial on TV moderately a bit that says you cannot be turned down or they will payment for it themselves. All I can think of is a possible liability of travelling outside beside traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment